SPOT: The Little Door
ADDRESS: 8164 West 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048
I recently grabbed dinner with a few friends at this hidden cute and romantic French + Mediterranean inspired spot in West Hollywood called The Little Door. I would definitely recommend this place for both its food and atmosphere. Be ready to enjoy a very delicious meal set on a romantically dimmed courtyard.
Side note: The Little Door is not to be confused with its sister restaurant called The Little Next Door, which is literally right next door to it and is more of a casual spot.
So, where do I start with all the great dishes we had! We went with a group of 6 and ordered a bunch of entrees that we all shared, so we were able to try a lot of different things. Here’s a list of must-try’s:
· Little Door mezze royale, which is an assorted Mediterranean appetizer that comes with Tuna tartare, goat cheese, merguez (beef) sausage, and grilled scallops
· Rack of lamb (a MUST, their lamb is so flavorful and tender)
· Braised lamb shank
· Grilled fillet mignon with balsamic braised shallots
· Couscous Royale with lamb stew, lamb chops, and merguez sausage
· Grilled Mediterranean seabass.
And for dessert we ordered:
· Chocolate caramel macadamia nut tart (SO GOOD!!! Def my #1)
· Vanilla crème brulee: this is one of their most popular desserts. I liked it, but then again I’m not the biggest crème brulee fan so I don’t have much to compare it to.
· Flourless lava cake